Friday, December 31, 2004

‘A joyous shot at how things ought to be,’ Larkin (Home is so sad)


Well it’s the last day of the year and I’ve done it. I’ve been blogging for a whole year! It’s not turned out as I expected and in that I’m quite relieved. Others have fallen by the wayside but I’m quite happy blogging along on my own.

I usually dread with a passion this time of year, but this year is different and world events aside I’m really looking forward to 2005.

I can’t believe the office today has raised £150 for the disaster appeal and Britain has raised its relief to 50 million. So many countries sending help and raising money, it seems logistically at any rate to dwarf any previous catastrophes, latest reports suggest over 150,000 dead.


To end the year on an upbeat note the Panto was fantastic, Alvin Stardust in Aladdin and yes he did sing, ‘My coo ca choo’… twice… the kids hadn’t the foggiest idea why all those over 30 started singing along. Sue from ‘Allo Allo’ fame as the genie had A and I in tears such was the gusto of her performance. Frazer Heinz was brilliant interviewing kids from the audience onstage, can’t wait for next year. Oh and Paul Shane of ‘Hi di Hi’ fame as widow twanky brought the house down, Les Dawson lives on.

No comments: